Fashion has often taken inspiration from military uniforms – think bomber jackets, sailor pants, camouflage prints, epaulettes and cargo pockets. My favourite however would have to be the gold button.
Originally found on military dress-jackets, the gold button is like the CIA operative of fashion, working best on their own*
Once added to a tailored blazer, there is no need for further accessorisation with these chic little baubles. They do all the work.
*Too much? One too many Jason Bourne movies, maybe?
Like to see more?
Follow the link below for my round-up of the best gold button-trimmed blazers that you can buy right now…
1. J.Crew double-breasted schoolboy blazer, $218
2. Ralph Lauren wool blazer, $845
3. Julien David Tropical wool blazer, $440
4. Prabal Gurung double-breasted wool blend jacket, $1,200
5. Rag & Bone ‘Jett’ blazer, $495
6. Snobby Sheep blazer, $252
leave a comment