With just over 2 weeks until the start of the Winter Olympics, it seems an appropriate time to brush up on The Skater Skirt, yes?
What is it: As the names suggests, they’re high-waisted, short and flippy – perfect for a couple of triple-axels (or not).
Do: …look out for options in graphic prints and bright colours. Whilst black is great, this trend is meant to be playful and fun.
Don’t: …wear them with tight tops. You don’t actually want to look like an ice skater.
Team them with: cropped, boxy tees and sweat tops to balance out the girly-ness of the skirt.
Extra Points for: …glitter gel (Joking! Seriously – NO glitter gel. Ever.)
Want to see more?
Follow the link below for my edit of the best skater skirts you can buy online…
1. Whistles leopard jacquard skater skirt, £65.00
2. Nasty Gal ‘Scuba’ skater skirt, $38
3. Red Valentino skater skirt, $411.80
4. Peter Pilotto metallic jacquard skater skirt, £785
5. Nanette Lepore ‘Wildcat’ skater skirt, $359.14
6. New Look ‘Tokyo Doll’ skater skirt, £17.99
leave a comment