I’m not entirely sure if anyone in the army actually wears these khaki jackets anymore… but they’re affectionally referred to as army jackets by, well… everyone.
Aside from its military styling (which fashion is always fond of – read: camo prints, brass buttons, patch pockets and epaulettes), I think a big part of its popularity is because this particular shade of green looks good with pretty much everything:
Denim, of course.
…in fact, khaki has yet to meet a print that it doesn’t like.
Which indeed makes the army jacket a wardrobe essential (yes, another one!)
Don’t have an army jacket?
Well as luck would have it, I’ve put together an edit of all my favourite styles.
Follow the link below for all the details…
1. Modekungen army jacket, €120.01
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim fur lined cotton army jacket, $694
3. Superdry ‘On Duty Saints’ army jacket, $139.95
4. Topshop short padded army jacket, £78
5. CURRENT/ELLIOTT ’The Leisure Parka’ army jacket, $560.74
6. Elizabeth and James ‘Mikki’ cotton-blend army jacket, $189
leave a comment