You’re going to be hearing a lot about fringing.
‘The Fringe’ is big this season and will be found trimming everything from hemlines to handbags with a few heels, hats and halter-necks thrown in for good measure.
But do you know what else is big?
The classic, leather man-style shoe.
Be it an oxford, a derby or a loafer, this wonderful wardrobe staple has taken over from where the ballet flat left off (yes that’s right folks, the ballet flat has been officially decommissioned until further notice).
So, with more than a passing resemblance to the traditional leather golf shoe, this little fringed number pictured not only covers both of these important trends, but also happens to handsomely tick the sporty-with-irony box (because I know that box was on your list).
Need to see more?
Follow the link below for my edit of the best…
1. Marni fringed derbys, $750
2. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Escuela’ fringed loafers, $219.46
3. Rebecca Minkoff ‘Hollis’ fringed oxfords, $361.52
4. Lanvin fringed loafers, £645
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Design ‘London Moc Donna’ fringed loafers, $554.47
6. Miista fringed loafers $257.48
leave a comment