‘Culottes’ is one of those fashion-words, like gilet, maillot, pailette or basque – when heard in conversation you smile knowingly, nod then look away for fear of having to admit that you don’t know what they’re talking about.
But culottes are everywhere this season, so you’ll need to brush-up.
Here’s the low-down…
They’re a tailored pant that’s been cut with full legs so as to resemble a skirt.
Wear them with…
pretty much anything – cropped, loose, strapless or tee. It’s all good!
wear them where you’d normally think to wear a midi skirt.
limit your options. They look equally great with sneakers, flatforms and strappy heels alike.
Extra points for:
Accessorising with a pretzel or something similarity photogenic.
Want to see more?
Follow the link below for my edit of the best…
1. Shona Joy ‘Hutton’ stripe culottes, $240
2. No.21 viscose culotte, €290
3. Witchery ‘Mallow’ culotte, $149.95
4. Mother of Pearl ‘Minos’ printed culotte trousers, $419.66
5. Miss Selfridge chiffon culotte, £30
leave a comment