The collective creative conscience has been shifting, evidenced by the resounding move towards designs that are more crafted, charming and considered.
At the forefront of this movement is the lovely, stylish and terribly talented Megan Park, who’s long been a champion for beautiful, handcrafted textiles. Megan’s much-loved label Megan Park launched in 1997, is indeed renowned for its hand-dyed fabrics, painterly prints, intricate embroidery and the most wonderfully elaborate beadwork.
Her latest instalment, The Lost Collection is testament to this overall ethos.
With a handful of limited edition pieces in a warm, moody palette of paprika, silver, bottle, soot and jet, it takes it’s elemental inspiration from nature, referencing the layers of the earth, the sweep of a tree and even the jewel like clusters of stalactites.
Want to take a little peek into the creative mind of Megan Park?
You’re in luck!
Click on the image to read Megan’s list.
For all info and captions, follow the link below:
1. Megan Park bauble earrings, $119
2. Megan Park ‘THE LOST COLLECTION’ woollen shell top, $419
3. Megan Park ‘THE LOST COLLECTION’ silk pleat-work dress, $659
4. Megan Park ‘Eliza’ beaded bauble necklace, $219
5. David Bowie Is…, $36.99
6. Plenty More by Yotam Ottolenghi, $29.03
7. Megan Park ‘Pom Pom Crystal’ clutch bag, $319
8. The Cherry Thing by Neneh Cherry & The Thing, $9.99
9. Push the Sky Away by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, $16.99
leave a comment