All the women on INEZ Daily are long and lean. What’s good fashion for someone short and round?
I’m shaped less like a model and more like a Minion 🙂
For all my answers to Marisa’s ‘Ask INEZ’, follow the link below…
There are indeed a number of clever fashion tricks that you can use to create the illusion of a longer, leaner less ‘Minion-y’ silhouette.
Here’s my rundown…
- Choose V or scoops over boat or crew necks as they create a more flattering, longer neck line.
- Empire waist dresses and tops are also a great option as they will cinch you in under the bust and give the impression of a longer torso.
- Try layering a darker-toned cardigan over a lighter tee as this creates a narrow, slimming line through the torso.
- Go to a bra shop and have a professional measure and fit you for a few good quality bras – a well made, properly fitting bra makes everything look and fit better.
- Never wear tapered leg pants, rather opt for straight leg pants where the cuff is as wide as the knee, or else a subtle boot cut.
- Don’t wear chokers or scarves knotted at the neck, instead look for pendants necklaces or narrower scarves that can be worn a little longer.
- Avoid tops that are too loose – it’s easy to hide in larger clothing but way more flattering to wear something that skims the body, without being too tight.
- Don’t wear big prints as these will tend to ‘engulf’ you.
- And finally, ballet flats are not your friend, instead, go for the comfort and magical, leg-lengthening, ankle-slimming qualities of wedge heels.
And to help you on your way, here’s an edit of some great options…
1. Wacoal ‘Intuition’ bra, $97.10
2. New Look Kimono Cardigan, £22.99
3. Sam Edelman ’Raven’ suede wedge sandals, $205
4. Isabel Marant ‘Serge’ straight-leg pants, £90
5. Current/Elliott ‘The Traveler’ jeans, $218.74
6. Pink Queen stripe tank, $20
7. Miu Miu blouse, £430
8. d.Ra ‘Illinois’ dress, $129
9. Marni necklace, $470.69
Thanks Inez! =)
Thanks from another shortie!