We’ve chatted quite a bit about Oxfords, loafers, derbys and brogues over the years.
But fashion’s now telling us that it’s time to talk about the Monk Strap.
This classic shoe, originally designed many centuries ago (for monks – go figure) forgoes laces for a leather strap and side buckle (or two).
But as the story goes with all great mens classics, it’s now been appropriated for the ladies.
Wear these where once you’d have worn your favourite lace-ups for a new take on tailored dressing.
Keen to see more?
Follow the link below for my edit of all the best styles available in stores now…
1. Michael Kors Collection ‘Braedyn’ monkstrap leather loafers, £283.50
2. Church’s ‘Lana’ monkstrap leather loafers, €286.88
3. Stella McCartney ‘Brogue Elyse’ monkstrap leather loafers, $1482.92
4. Pierre Hardy double monkstrap patent leather loafers, $475.80
5. Ash ‘Konnie’ embossed leather platform monk-strap loafers, $192.50
6. Tod’s monkstrap leather loafers, $408.32
leave a comment