Phoebe Philo – Creative Director at Céline, designs for the thinking women.
“I am somebody who is interested in how clothes make us feel”.
Her collections of considered, asexualised elegance draw from many disciplines, be it architecture, film, art, literature or music.
Nowhere more is this evident than in her shoe designs that both break with convention and provoke discussion.
Her recent use of woven leather (pictured) was unexpected yet instantly coveted. So much so that many designers since have picked up on this idea and created their own versions.
Keen to see what I’m talking about?
Follow the link below for my round up of all the loveliest woven shoes, perfect for summer, that you can buy online…
1. Soludos leather ‘Smoking Slipper’ espadrilles, $109
2. Robert Clergerie woven raffia platform espadrilles sneakers, $804.55
3. Sesto Meucci ‘Nattie’ woven leather loafer, $144
4. J.Crew woven straw flats, $317
5. Oscar de la Renta woven cork and leather sandals, $896.43
6. Proenza Schouler woven leather ankle boots, $1935
7. Studio Pollini woven leather loafers, $486.15
8. Sesto Meucci ‘Nicole’ woven leather loafer, $358.40
leave a comment